TARC 2022-2023 Challenge.....
TARC is for students in grades 9-12. STEM+C will enroll 10 students for the 2022-2023 season. If you are interested in joining our TARC Team, please fill out this form.
General Program Rules and Overview
- Payload is (1) eggs,
- Target altitude is 850ft
- Flight duration time of 42-45 seconds
- They must use two body sections, which may be of any length and diameter. One of these must
contain the egg and altimeter, and the second must contain the rocket motor(s). The two
sections must separate after apogee and recover separately, both by parachute.
- All parts of the rocket must be recovered connected together.
- Rockets must be at least 650mm long
- Flying weight cannot exceed 650grams (Liftoff weight)
- Limited to 80N-sec of installed total impulse.
Cost to join our team is $250 (Donation to STEM+C Inc) + $20 for downloading RocSim. $270 total First meeting dates (TBD).
- We will start taking student sign ups in September 2022
- Our Team registration is due by Dec 1, 2022
- Qualification Flights are due before April 3, 2023
- First meeting will be In January of 2023
- Finish our TARC team registration.
- Download RocSim … our team number is 22-0000000806
- Download Open Rocket
- Purchase a Micrometer (Caliper)
- Download Fusion 360 (Student Version, Free)
- Introduction to RocSim and Open Rocket.
- Order parts and pieces for our first rocket designs.
Junior High Power Rocketry Certification for High School Students
For our High School students who participate in TARC, we work with them
throughout the TARC season to earn their Junior High Power Rocketry
Certification. For more information about
how to earn your junior high power
rocketry certification follow this link …